Is Your Relationship With Someone Healthy?
Take This Healthy Relationship Quiz.
No doubt you have disagreements…
…but are your relationships really healthy?
Grab a paper and pen, and let’s find out…
Think of someone you have a relationship with. It can be anyone — a parent or sibling, partner, coworker or friend. Now ask yourself the following questions:
1. Does this person treat me with respect and decency? Do I always feel emotionally and physically safe and cared for?
2. Does this person truly accept and appreciate the truth of who I really am?
3. Can they be trusted to care about me and support me?
4. Does this person view my interests, opinions, experiences and perceptions as being every bit as valuable and valid as their own? Does this person treat me fairly?
5. Does this person communicate their feelings, needs, and thoughts to me clearly and respectfully, without difficulties?
6. Do I feel consistently loved by this person? Do they genuinely like me? Are they affectionate and kind? Do we have fun?
7. Does this person have a clear, independent sense of their own identity, separate from me?
8. Does this person tell me the truth? Are they honest about all the aspects of their life and their relationship with me?
9. Does this person allow me to be imperfect, to make occasional mistakes, without becoming rejecting of me on the whole?
Now, about your half of the equation…answer honestly…
10. Do you treat this person with respect and decency? Do you always make them feel emotionally and physically safe and cared for?
11. Do you truly accept and appreciate the truth of who they really are?
12. Can you be trusted to care about and support them?
13. Do you view their interests, opinions, experiences and perceptions as being every bit as valuable and valid as your own? Do you treat them fairly?
14. Do you communicate your feelings, needs, and thoughts to them clearly and respectfully, without difficulties?
15. Are you consistently loving toward this person? Do you genuinely like them? Are you affectionate and kind? Do they find you fun?
16. Do you have a clear, independent sense of your own identity, separate from them?
17. Do you tell them the truth? Are you honest about all the aspects of your life and your relationship with them?
18. Do you allow this person to be imperfect, to make occasional mistakes, without becoming rejecting of them on the whole?
The Final Step
Now that you have your 18 questions answered, go through each of them, 1-18, and answer the following question:
Would the other person agree with your answer — yes, or no? If not, why?
Feeling Brave? Get Maximum Results This Way…
For maximum insight, after answering the 18 questions (and whether you think the other person would agree to each of your answers), have the other person take the same quiz. Then compare answers.
Join us next time. We’re discussing OCD vs. OCPD.
You are reading Light’s Blog. The rest of Light’s house is here.